[Spridgets] Gauges going bad ...

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Tue Sep 16 10:46:47 MDT 2008

Ok, in the no-good-deed-goes-unpunished life I lead I have had the
following happen in my '59 Bugeye running a 948:

Tach now will not drop to "0", it will only go down to 1500 revs

Temp went all the way up.  I have the heater valve open, I have hot
hoses all the way around, thermostat replaced last year with 30 or
less hours on it, and coolant level seems fine.

all of this happened I'm certain because I spent a few hours fixing
little things on the car, getting the nose on straight, fixing the
safety latch, putting the bumperette back on.. little things so this
is my punishment.  I last drove the car about 2 weeks ago (We have had
2 weeks of hurricaines) and I had none of these problems..

Any ideas, help, or consolation gladly accepted..

Lester