[Spridgets] plug welding

Larry & Sandi Miller millerls at ado13.com
Mon Sep 15 17:39:30 MDT 2008

Michael, Glen is talking about a simulated "spot" weld. You cannot do a true 
spot weld with a Mig.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Michael Rowe" <mdrowe at optonline.net>
To: "Spridgets" <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 4:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] plug welding

>> For the beginner welders out there like me, to spot weld with a mig rig,
>> you
>> drill a hole through one piece and then fill the hole with weld and hope
>> it
>> penetrates to the undrilled piece beneath.
> This is a plug weld.  Spot welds are made with no drilling.  There must be 
> a
> different name for welding through two holes.  Anyone know?
> Michael Rowe
> '74 Midget
> Long Island, NY

More information about the Spridgets mailing list