[Spridgets] Rusty Tub

Andrew Payne andrewpayne at intrex.net
Mon Sep 15 08:30:09 MDT 2008

Wow!

You guys are great.  The general consensus seems to be to change the tub out
with a cleaner one.  I have leads on a few within two hours' drive, as well
as several from list members a bit farther flung.  The rust, while bad, is
localized, with trunk, engine compartments, and subframes relatively
untouched.

I guess the next questions are about how you bring the two together.  I will
refer to a car as having a inner tub and outer shell.  The outer shell seems
a matter of matching panels and selecting the best ones.  The inner tub of
my car has all of the wiring, drivetrain, etc. Does one strip these out and
put it in the "new" tub and reassemble?  What years will work (not
necessarily correct.) with '76 components?  What are the title/VIN
implications?  Obviously, talk to DMV, but as a rule of thumb how do I
insure that my car can keep the same VIN as often parts cars become so due
to titles that are a wee bit murky?

Cheers,

avoid the news today.