[Spridgets] LHC - Little LBC content

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 17:38:58 MDT 2008

--- On Thu, 9/11/08, Michael Rowe <mdrowe at optonline.net> wrote:
> Everyone should note that the Large Hadron Collider at CERN
> (big, new
> particle accelerator) started up yesterday and the earth
> did not collapse
> into a black hole.  There have been no particle collisions

Yes, the one constant in the universe is paranoia. I worked at Los Alamos on the Ground Test Accelerator project in the early 90s. I read a few years ago that all the workers on the project were aliens, and there was no accelerator (the tunnel was a mile long packed with an RFQ, DTL and target - I can assure you it was real).

Earthling AFAIK,
Ron