[Spridgets] Spa Video

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Wed Sep 10 22:07:01 MDT 2008

Kate,

On 10 Sep 2008 at 20:40, Kathryn Bales wrote:
>>  You & I are probably the only ones on
>> this list who are even old enough to remember him.
Not So....
I well remember watching Colin Chapman, Sterling Moss, Mike Hawthorn.
Fangio, etc racing in England and Europe..
Driving cars like ERA's, BRM's, Jag D-types, the Maserati 250F (drool) and
lots of others that sounded like cars and had to be driven - not steered!!

A sight to watch used to be Moss in an 'old style' Le Mans start... He would
leave his car in gear with the ignition turned ON. He'd run across the track,
jump into the car with a stiff left leg and punch the starter with his hand as
his butt hit the seat!! And he would often 'jump' the starting gun!!

And then along came chapmans cars like the Lotus 18 and he couldn't do
that no more   ;-(

Anyone besides me remember Rob Walker???

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

Age is just a number?? What if you can't count above 20 ?!