[Spridgets] tires

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Wed Sep 10 09:02:39 MDT 2008

The bias ply Hoosiers are a great tire. The car will "slip, slip. Slip" and
then "pow", they hook up. Don't be afraid to get on the gas early (if you're
on the right line). Radials give a very false sense of security, as they
feel really good right up until the moment where they lose grip and you spin
into the weeds. Novice drivers like radials, but you're better off learning
to drive the Hoosiers, learning to anticipate the apex a little for the
slip, get your braking done early, and hammer the gas early for exit speed.

Spacers can be purchased from places like Winner's Circle in OH, etc. You
may need to use longer wheel studs. Check to see of you have offsetrear
springs.

I don't remember. what body was this? Squarebody or Bugeye? (or round arch
squarebody?).  Sometimes a baseball bat is necessary to gently roll the
inner lip of the fender.