[Spridgets] 155sr-13 tires

Charley Braum cbaustin at verizon.net
Tue Sep 2 19:12:29 MDT 2008

    "They are STILL dangerous after their 5th 'birthday'"

    Is there documented proof that 5 year old tires are going to explode,
delaminate, separate the tread, fall off the wheel or perform some other
destructive operation at that time limitation?

    I wonder if this might NOT be the case, especially if the car riding on
these tires is driven infrequently, kept in a garage (out of the sunlight)
when not driven and not raced.

    When submitting my vehicles to PA inspection, I have never been advised of
the age of the tires, only of the remaining tread, relative to the state
requirements.

    Just a thought,

   CB