[Spridgets] Mk 1 outside mirrors

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 04:49:54 MDT 2008

Back in 2001, I purchased a set of mirrors very similar to those on the
white bugeye on page17 of the OS&M. I bought them off eBay, so it wasn't
until they arrived, that I found that they were spring loaded, and require a
large hole to be made in the bonnet, to mount them.
Research your mirrors carefully before purchasing them....
Fortunately, since then, I have purchased a second bonnet, to drill for my
mirrors. That way, I can leave the original one pristine.
Provided I ever get round to getting the lil bugger painted.

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Frank Clarici <spritenut at comcast.net>wrote:

> nases wrote:
> >> Does the Raydyot style mirror with the 1/4" thread stem mount in the
> >> Bugeye windscreen post hole?
> >>

> Phil
>
> I have a flat lucas *style* mirror with a stem mounted thru the post on
> the 58.
> I drilled and threaded the windshield post base for the cone shaped
> mirror on the 59.
> Motorcycle mirrors with a stem of no more than 5/16" will fit the post
> hole.
>
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ