[Spridgets] Holy Sprite Update 1

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Oct 30 19:49:56 MST 2008

This was too large for the list, part one

I think everything is ready to go. As I have been cleaning, painting,
and powder coating bits, I noticed a few items I forgot
like defrost tubes, but I had a set of good ones. Door pockets, so I
made a set. Heater core, good thing I have a crate full ;)
The tires came in and are mounted on powder coated rims, all checked out
OK.
Steering rack is oiled and ready as is the rear axle but that still
needs some parts bolted to it like brakes, axles, and seals.
I made some adjustments to the face of the fuel gauge and it checks out
OK now, thanks for the replies on that issue but I ended up moving the
face of the dial just a bit so it reads correct empty and full.
Fuel pump tested and mounted, not plumbed, you guys can do that. I had
to mount it because we forgot to weld a stud in for it so I used a
carriage bolt and now I can proceed with cutting the carpet close and
cover that carriage bolt.
All the interior panels are made and ready to be installed. Seats are
back and look great, Walt did up his prices a little, $35 more per seat
but he did make me new seat pans and covered the seats for $330 total.
The entire interior for this Bugeye cast $630. Up from $450 a couple
years ago but there was a minor problem with the carpet.
I ordered 6 yds because the last time the rug came 40" wide x 36" per
yard. This time it came 72" x 36" per yard so I have enough to do
another Sprite in blue. 3 yds @ 72" wide would have done it. I also have
a couple extra yds of vinyl so the shop can make a tonneau cover to
match the interior. Probably $100 in extra material from the last couple
of Sprites I did so in reality, the interior cost $530, up $80 from last
year. (due to the increased cost in petroleum products yada, yada, yada,)
   I have a bunch or receipts to still total up but I think  the entire
restoration will be right around the $5000.00 mark.
Again, up from last year when I did my 67 for about $4500.
Contributions total just a hair over $2000. So if anybody wants to
donate, fell free.
   Fr Jack did "pray" for a couple of things he really wanted like a
wood shift knob and chrome air cleaners. His prayers were answered.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ