[Spridgets] Holy Sprite Update 2

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Oct 30 19:50:04 MST 2008

Part 2

   So I think I am in good shape for next weekend when all the people
flock to NJ to put this Holy Project back together again.
BTW the paint buffed up beautifully! I am dying to put it back together
as I am tripping over boxes of parts, stacks of tires, rear ends,
steering racks, and a pile of panels all over the garage. I did put on
the bonnet props to replace the 2x6 I have been using to hold it open, I
bolted in the wiper motor because the rack was forever in the way up in
the garage, and I already mentioned why I installed the fuel pump.
Carpet and panels will be a leaning experience next weekend for all.
The engine has rebuilt never fired up carbs so that should be
interesting. Tranny is of unknown condition sort of like the engine.
All the brakes are new and I will be using DOT 4 in this car not
silicone like all the rest. Just to keep things simple for Fr Jack.
No brake parts have been installed so the pipes need to be installed,
and everything that connects to them.
Lots of work to do in a weekend and I'm sure we will find a missing item
or 2 as we proceed but I would really like to see
Father Jack drive his Sprite out of my garage Sunday. He has to be the
first to drive it then we can work out any bugs.
A word of advice to all who are coming to assemble the car.....If YOU
start the nut, bolt, or screw, YOU make sure it is tightened up before
proceeding to the next bolt. too many people will be working on too many
things at the same time, there can be no "I'll get back to it later" and
then you go home 1000 miles away and never told anybody you "forgot" to
tighten the rear axle nuts or something like that.
See you all next weekend Nov 8th

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ