[Spridgets] old commercials (Hope for GM?

TMHEFFRON at aol.com TMHEFFRON at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 09:50:05 MST 2008

I learned to drive stick on a '76 Chevette - it was a POS but at least it
was rear drive so I learned how a real car drifted on snowy roads during the
winter of '76 in the Chicago suburbs.

The Citation was awful - drove a rental when it first came out and it  torque
steered fiercely - even as an automatic.  It was a truly awful  car.

TuTone

In a message dated 10/30/2008 11:23:11 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
soavero at yahoo.com writes:

--- On  Thu, 10/30/08, David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
>  Back in 1976 or so, the Chevette was launched with an ad
> campaign  stating,
> "It's about time for a new kind of American
>  car

I think that was actually the Chevy Citation (maybe Chevette too, I  forget),
which was so bad a lot of people don't even remember it existed. That  was
also the era of "The Shape of Things to Come" (and go away, apparently)  and the
Sears Diehard commercial with the prototype TR8. Madison Avenue should  not
underestimate their effect on 10 year olds. Their crappy car ads for  crappy
car designs sent me right into getting in trouble for sketching antique  designs
like MGAs and E-Types on my notebook covers in Mrs. Felber's 4th grade
class.

Ron
You are subscribed as  tmheffron at aol.com

http://www.team.net/archive