[Spridgets] Manual for Gearbox

Len Hansen wallstreetlen at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 25 12:25:04 MDT 2008

Thanks Frank,  Good information.> From: kk7ss at verizon.net> To:
spridgets at autox.team.net> Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:09:50 -0700> Subject: Re:
[Spridgets] Manual for Gearbox> > Before about 1974 the Autopress book by
Kenneth Ball main title on the > spine was 'Austin-healey Sprite, MG Midget
1958-72 Autobook' 287 .> > Somewhere about 1974 they changed to company to
Autobooks, the title on > the spine became 'Austin-Healey Sprite, MG Midget,
1958-76', Autobook > #745.> > I have both.> > The Bentley is basically a
reprint of the factory service manu7al....> > BTW, I also have an original BMC
Service Dept Workshop Manual to > compare against the other books..> > The
Haynes books vary... the Deep Red and the Orange covered books > have the
original photographs and are very good and detailed.. The later > (newer) Blue
covered books seem to be Xerox copies (Taiwan??) and the > photographs are
blurry and hard to see.> > The Clymer book 'Sprite, MG Midget, Service-Repair
Handbook' #A205, > has myuch larger print and (IMHO) has clearer pictures and
I use it with the > other two as it is not as detailed in the gearbox area.> >
The Intereurope manual #164 has the note on the inside that 'This is a >
special factory edtied edition of the factory manual'.... in other words it is
like > a 'Spridgets for Dummies' book and, IMHO, is not much use for serious >
work.> > Hope this helps...> > On 24 Oct 2008 at 21:35, Frank Clarici wrote:>
> >> The Bentley manual is very good as is (long out of print) Autopress> >>
manual.> > > --> Dave G. KK7SS> '65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA> > If life
begins at 50, why am I falling apart ?!>