[Spridgets] Where in the heck? ID this part

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:21:19 MDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Tracy Drummond <bighealey at charter.net>wrote:

> On a 1976 MG Midget.  The holes line up with the rear leaf u-bolts.
> Where do they go in the stack of rear leaf assembly??  I figure they either
> lower the rear end or act as final support
>
> http://healey.org/images/mystry-spacer.jpg
>
> http://healey.org/images/rear-springs.jpg

Those are either spacers or stiffeners that go between the springplate and
the body mount (spring perch) behind the seats. They are on the rubber
bumper cars but not the earlier ones. Possibly to get the legal bumper
height to pass the federal law... The only other thing that would make any
sense would be for them to leave a path for drainage to reduce the rust
around the spring perches. They probably only fit one way.
--
Kent
1960 Bugeye