[Spridgets] NO LBC Re: FW: A Put Down

Weslake1330 at aol.com Weslake1330 at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 13:37:19 MDT 2008

For those that don't know him, Major General Peter  Cosgrove is an
'Australian treasure!'

General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio  recently.
You'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him  concerning guns and
children.
Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you  gotta love this! This is one
of the best comeback
lines of all time. It is a portion of an ABC  interview between a female
broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to  sponsor a Boy Scout Troop
visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Cosgrove, what things  are you going to teach these young boys
when they visit your  base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
We're going to teach them climbing,  canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE  INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see why, they'll be properly  supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE  INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous  activity to be teaching
children?

GENERAL  COSGROVE:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle  discipline before
they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE  INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent  killers.
GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a  prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the  interview ended.