[Spridgets] concrete question

Dave Yealy lbc at littlebitcountry.com
Wed Oct 15 13:20:09 MDT 2008

I'm guessing here, there is no entrance into the house from the garage ?
You will need a 20" high retaining wall towards your neighbors on the
left and then tear down the existing garage, raise the driveway 16"
to be level with the existing front yard then raise the foundation of
the garage and then build a new garage. This would give you access to
the garage from inside the house. This would also eliminate the "lake
effect" you have now. The sag of the ridge line and garage door shows
there are major problems somewhere or very poor construction.
Or you could get inventive and lift/raise the garage and put a new
foundation under it and fix the sagging roofline.
Cost approx. = Little more than $10G but better off in the long run.

Dave