[Spridgets] concrete question

Mike Rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Wed Oct 15 09:38:08 MDT 2008

 Ooh Ooh, I can answer this one !!!

 In S. Calif. breaking up and removal of a 20x20 garage slab, putting
down rebar 18" O.C. and drilling into the footers to tie the new
concrete in, since there was already sand and gravel down they put down
a road base to raise the floor 4" due to past flooding problems and
poured a beautiful new 5" thick garage floor, $5,400 done a month ago.

  22x20 slab, remove the dirt, level out the area, sand and gravel, dig
footings for the walls, tie rebar into above slab by drilling into above
slab, rebar 18" O.C.,  pour  5 1/2  thick slab, $8,000 even.  Will be
poured Nov. 5  (unless I get my permit earlier, come oonnn city).

 Also did a driveway at the same time as the first pour since the old
driveway was going to be too low and we have had flooding problems in
the past, that was very expensive, but since there was a lot of other
work like walkways, drains, curb coring and other work the pricing would
be of no help.

     mike

Robert Duquette wrote:
> Who would like to venture a guess at what having a concrete floor
> poured would cost?
>
> My floor is crumbly and about 2.5 inches too low compared to the
> driveway, at the lowest point.
>
> I figured, that someone would rough it up to remove the loosest parts,
> and then pour over it.  The guy who came to give me an estimate last
> night was actually recommending raising the driveway as well to help
> with my problem.  So, he was recommending cutting out the old
> concrete, adding a base and then pouring 4 inches of concrete.  I'm
> told that it's roughly 580 square feet.  ( But, I think it is roughly
> 21 x 23. )  I wasn't impressed with his decision to tell me what
> needed to be done instead of quoting on what I wanted done and the
> price just floored me.  ( pun intended )
>
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/MyLake%202.jpg

Mike Rambour
Bug Writer err...Programmer
      mikey at b2systems.com