[Spridgets] Kill switch

Weslake1330 at aol.com Weslake1330 at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 10:53:03 MDT 2008

As a licensed scrutineer in the UK I don't care how the kill switch is  wired
up.  All that matters to me is that with the engine running with  about 2000
rpm on the tacho, when the switch is thrown, the engine cuts out and  stops
and every thing electrical like fuel pumps and lights also stop/go  out.

My experience is that the kill switch is always wired through the live
because there isn't another way of wiring the alternator or dynamo through the
switch.  If the alternator or dynamo isn't wired through the kill switch  the
engine carries on running with the switch thrown and the driver gets to take  the
car away, get it fixed and bring it back.  They don't even practice  till
it's working correctly.

Either US rules are different or the person telling you forcibly is less
clever than they suppose.

W e s l a k e 1330