[Spridgets] Greasing the suspension help...

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 6 16:12:04 MDT 2008

> ... yeah, about that... it *IS* supposed to be oil right?
> But grease
> won't hurt anything will it?

Grease won't help the oil flow... As far as I know, the rubber boots act like
a bellows...pumping the oil through the rack when you turn corners.
having thick grease in there does not assist in letting the oil get where it
should be.

Personally... I undo the larger clamp on each side of the rack and using a
60mL syringe and a bit of 5mm tubing, I inject gear oil under the clamp into
the rubber boot on each side until the oil spills out. Then with the front end
jacked up I turn lock - lock a few times to get the oil through. When you do
this...you can hear the oil being pumped through the rack.

Andy
mkIIa 1275 5speed
gold coast Australia

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail!
http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail