[Spridgets] TB Bearings

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 12:15:26 MDT 2008

What is the life span of the carbon bearing, given that one is careful to
keep the foot off the clutch when starting, etc.  I also stay in neutral at
stop lights and I keep my foot away from the clutch pedal when driving.  I
do all that I can to not use the bearing, unless I am actually shifting.

Kirk
Vacaville Ca
1275 Bugeye with the following from a cut and paste from when I was toying
with the idea of selling it - but decided I cannot live without it:

1275 engine upgrade running with oil at regular changes using ADDP for
longer lifter life (about 4k miles on engine since complete quality rebuild)
I have always added a lead additive to the fuel
New gas tank
Neg ground
New oil filter set up for screw on filter
New gear redux starter from Pearson Manifolds
New Toyota alternator
Ford solenoid
Mallory Dual Point Dist with Pertronix electronic upgrade
Hot Pertronix coil to match system
Very efficient Geo Metro radiator with electric fan and fan turn on
adjustment
(car now runs at 160  170 during hot summer stop lights)
Upgraded to '74 rib case gear box
Shortened shifter for tighter shifts
Headers
Monza exhaust
OER side draft jets interchangeable with Weber but better carb  700 dollar
upgrade
(looks like a Weber but has float bowl adjustment and accel pump adjustment)
Conversion to front disks from latter model
Rebuilt > master cyl (a rare find)
New clutch and TB bearing (only 400 miles on unit)
(minor clutch chatter in first when car is hot, but no big deal to me)
old style breathable valve cover for better and only engine venting
front sway bars (car handles like it is on rails)
lowered racing springs by 1 < inches
leaks brake fluid, not sure from where (I just put up with it at this time)
small rectangle cut underneath for easy engine and gear box changes
front wheels are aligned properly
Older AM FM radio in dash with high powered CD player and stereo hidden
under passenger side dash
Ignition key no longer works  car starts by turning on with hidden switch
under dash and then pull start on dash.  Pull works off an electrical
switch.
Extra gauge below dash for alternator
Original steering wheel with horn button included although I use a smaller
wheel