[Spridgets] Holy Smokes rebuild

David Riker davriker at nwi.net
Sun Nov 30 21:24:13 MST 2008

1380cc engines are notorious for oil consumption and blow by problems.  I
built one with Total Seal gapless rings and never had any problems with oil
burning or blow by.  When I finally pulled the engine it was due to piston
slap.  On teardown, you could see that bore wall flex and piston slap had
done substantial damage to the bores,  but the rings were still doing their
job.
 http://www.totalseal.com/

David Riker