[Spridgets] Turbo motor post mortem.

John D. Caffrey jdc6 at Lehigh.EDU
Sat Nov 22 08:07:04 MST 2008

   I  never  had  a  problem with Venolia's forged pistons quality. There
   could  be  many  other  reasons why builders are choosing J&E. Venolia
   only  had  one  blank  for our bore sizes, and it was heavy so we paid
   extra  for  lightening,  and they were flat tops to  which we machined
   our  own  domes  or  dish  in  the case of 1275's.   J&E may be a more
   economical choice, or just have more of the work done.

   Last  year  I  examined  a  custom  set  of  pistons which were custom
   machined  to  my  friends specs for SCCA limited prep rules (1275). He
   wouldn't  tell  me  who made them but they had a kidney shaped dish to
   match  the  head  chamber,  ring lands machined for thin racing rings,
   slipper  skirts with maximun lightening, high tech coatings and custom
   everything,  and I could have them for cost. $900 is a bit more than I
   can afford for 4 pistons!

   John

   Fogelsville, PA

   Ron Soave wrote: