[Spridgets] BE Bonnet latch

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Fri Nov 21 12:59:42 MST 2008

I am making a "universal" tow bar adaptor for Bugeyes and Square Bodies and I don't have a BE to measure.  The horizontal bar will have two holes to go on the SB bumper bolts (19" OC).  There will be two L-shaped longitudinal members from these holes to the BE bumper mounts (17 1/2" OC), which are the tow-eye mounts on a SB.  I think that the BE bonnet latch ?plates? fit on the bumper mounts inboard of the bumper brackets in the same position as the tow-eyes, yielding the same overall width (~18") for the BE and SB.  Is this correct?

I know I don't always make sense.  Let me know.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY