[Spridgets] New Motor!

Matt Hagopian mhagopian at hoppetool.com
Fri Nov 21 00:51:12 MST 2008

Yes, VRG can be strict on things that are Major modification such as a 300cc
upgraded motor. The guys at the track, (you may have been one of them!) told
me to throw on circular fenders and start calling the bug a 72(the limit to
VRG). As for the 5spd, and the dif, they are not as inspected as the size of
the motor. Diff can be any ratio, there are a lot of guys running "unknown"
5spds in all different classes. Basically the way that group goes is as
follows, car has to be 72 or before, original size motor and if its not you
get bumped up a class, fender flares may move you up a class, but basically
they are ok with modifications, they didnt give me any heartburn for having
a 1275 bored .040 over... But basically what I was told, is as long as your
not blowing anyone out of the water you wont have eyes being focused on you.
Besides VRG is just a group, no prize money and no points standings... I
thought they were pretty accomedating

--
Sincerely,

Matt Hagopian