[Spridgets] Tires for a '78 Midget?

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 19:06:02 MST 2008

The rubber band things are called rim straps. Any tire store can take care
of that for you when you have them mounted. I've made my own for many years
on motorcycle wheels. A strip of thin inner tube wrapped around the rim and
glued together with rubber cement.

Only Macy would go around putting sillycone on nipples...   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Larry Macy <lmacy at phillymgclub.com> wrote:

> Yes you will need those, but I don't think you can get the bands from
> TireRack, not sure tho. I got them from Mo$$. Or I have heard that you
> can sillycone the nipples and go tubeless, but I have never been sure
> enough to try it.
>
> Larry
>
> On Nov 20, 2008, at 6:14 PM, Dave G. wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Frank...
> > That's what I needed to know...
> > I'm also assuming that, as they are wire-wheels, I'll need tubes and
> > that
> > funny rubber band that goes over the spoke nipples, right??
> > Also from Tire Rack??
> >
> > Dave G.

> > --
> > Dave G.   KK7SS
> > '65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA
> >
> > If life begins at 50, why am I falling apart ?!
>
> --
>
> Larry Macy
> 78 Midget
>
> Keep your top down and your chin up.
>
> Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
> lmacy at phillymgclub.com
> Board Member at Large
> Philadelphia MG Club
>

> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
> arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to skid in
> sideways, Margaritas in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
> worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!".

Cheers!!
Jim
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough
to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson