[Spridgets] New Motor!

John Caffrey jdc6 at Lehigh.EDU
Thu Nov 20 08:52:06 MST 2008

   Matt Hagopian wrote:

And lastly, we are going to get a 5spd to
match up to it and we are running a 4.2 rear diff locked right now, but we
are going to change that to either a 3.9 or a different 4.2 with a limited
slip differential (also looking for advise which to go with) I was told
Detroit sells one but not to go with it..?

   Hi Matt,
   Not  sure  about  the  5 speed for vintage racing. The group you raced
   with  when  I  met  you is telling me I can't even use a 1275 in my 62
   Mark II! I'm still trying to sort out the various rules, but one thing
   is  sure, I'm not racing a 948 again. Trannex is the limited slip that
   you want for racing. Purchased one assembled with a 4.2 gear on ebay a
   few  weeks ago. I have two Detroit lockers also, but I'm not expecting
   too  much  from the 60's technology. Here is an article explaining the
   various LSD's;
   http://tinyurl.com/5clzsn
   John
   Fogelsville, PA