[Spridgets] Master Cylinder

Bill Masquelier billmasq at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 17:23:03 MST 2008

I can't tell from your comments if you have removed the white ring or not
yet-
You must remove the white ring first, THEN remove the snap ring beneath it.
To get the white ring out I usually drill a 1/16" hole in it (it is about 1/8"
thick) and screw a tiny woodscrew into the hole and pull the ring out, just be
very careful not to scratch the cylinder wall.

Bill

> To: spridgets at autox.team.net
> Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:42:40 -0500
> From: hmortada at aol.com
> Subject: [Spridgets] Master Cylinder
>
> I am overhauling the master cylinder on my 79 Midget and having a hard time
removing the piston from the cylinder. That is where the white plastic thing
on the top, it is not coming off.