[Spridgets] Why I wear seatbelts...

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 11:54:28 MST 2008

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com <WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com>
wrote: "I've  been in two bad ones that would have killed me had I been
wearing a
belt."

Daniel,
I too have been in a few bad ones, both belted and unbelted (always as a
passenger thank you, and no I don't ride with those guys anymore).  The first
one was unbelted - I got tossed around the interior of an F350, hitting about
every surface that could be hit with a wonderful sampling of my body parts: my
head left a dent in the roof, my shoulder cracked the windshield, and my back
bent the steering wheel...  I limped away bruised and stiff and was sore for
weeks afterward - but luckily I limped away under my own power.  In a couple
of others, both head-on into stationary items - I came out with no more than
bruised shins from the underside of the dash in the first and a slight belt
bruise on my right shoulder in the other.  Point is that in both cases these
minor injuries were preferable to the alternative short flights
through windshields followed by abrupt landings.

Since the day of the first one, I ALWAYS belt in and am probably only here now
because of that choice.

 - David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island