[Spridgets] seat belts

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 23:35:54 MST 2008

--- On Sat, 11/15/08, David Littlefield <dmeadow at juno.com> wrote:
"In an upright position in a production style racecar, the
chest and head moving forward is the greater issue than submarining."

Not sure submarining would be much of an issue in my street car especially
after the rollbar is in as it looks like the bar will limit the seatback's
ability to recline anyway.  I also wonder about mounting a five (or six) point
belt with stock seats - don't those work better with a slot in the seat
cushion so you can mount them down rather than forward and over the front of
the seat?

With all that said, I've begun looking at the various four and five point
belts out there and see that some have the shoulder belts sewn to the lap
belts.  Is this better / worse than a cam-lock situation where all belts
connect to the same central point?

David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island