[Spridgets] seat belts

Larry Macy lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Fri Nov 14 18:09:26 MST 2008

I think from a purely safety view point that a 4 point harness is the
way to go. But you need someplace to mount the 4th point. I don't
think the 3 point harnesses in a Spridget add a lot over the 2 point
variety (see bill in oregon's comment). You have to mount them on the
rear fender well and if you don't have a bracket they are far below
the shoulder.

Larry

On Nov 14, 2008, at 6:26 PM, Phil Nase wrote:

> Working on the Holy Sprite reminded me I need some seat belts for my
> Bugeye.  What's the word from a safety standpoint on whether to go
> with lap belt only  or a 3 point?
>

> Phil Nase
> Quakertown, PA

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've
never actually known what the question is." - Douglas Adams