[Spridgets] Holy Headache

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 17:55:24 MST 2008

--- On Wed, 11/12/08, Frank Clarici <spritenut at comcast.net> wrote:

> semi miss on cyl  #3.
> I changed the plug, it sparks everything is OK and it has
> 140 psi compression, not great but not horrible.
> So why the miss at all speeds.

A BTDT guess is you've got crap in one of the ring grooves in #3 and the ring isn't expanding sometimes and you have no compression (sometimes). After sitting for 100 years, you may have had enough glaze and sh!t to break a ring or wavy expander as well. By all means get the head done, but while the head is out pop out the pistons, clean them up and re-ring the thing at least. Do a quick hand drill hone job on it while you're at it. Don't cost nuthin'.

Ron