[Spridgets] Holy Headache

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Nov 12 14:22:24 MST 2008

So I have decided to get a head done for the Holy Sprite.
It is sporting a 10CG 1098 now that smokes and it has a semi miss on
cyl  #3.
I changed the plug, it sparks everything is OK and it has 140 psi
compression, not great but not horrible.
So why the miss at all speeds.
If you guys remember when it fired up it had a burbling sound we thought
might have been carbs, but it is always there and if you pull #3 wire,
nothing changes.
So I popped the head off that other 1098 (10CC) on the garage floor, it
is a 12G-295. I thought that was the pre smog 1275 head?
Was this head used on late 1098s?
If a 1275 head works on a 1098, I have a few ready to go. This will save
a few bucks in machine work.
Hey, I'm a 1275 guy, these 1098s drive me crazy ;) as I found out you
have to take the 2 inner nuts all the way off the intake where on a 1275
you just loosen them and slip the intake (and carbs) off without
fighting with those 2 nuts. Different intake ears.
My son has my Vizard book so I can't look up head numbers for a 1098.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ