[Spridgets] seat parts

Lee Fox lee.fox at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 11 20:52:15 MST 2008

Congratulations on the new baby, Mike.

Along with the usual cleaning and checking, be sure to REPLACE all three
brake hoses and rebuild/replace the calipers and wheel cylinders. Also,
check the master cylinder carefully. Give all the electrical
connections, particularly the bullet connectors and grounds a good cleaning.

My seat rails looked terrible, but some time with a wire wheel cleaned
them up. I painted them except the parts that actually mate. While the
seats are out, pull the carpets and trim pieces and fix all the rusty
panels.

You're in for a fun summer 2009.

Lee
'79 in St. Louis

------------------------
I am a proud new owner of a 79 midget 1500.  It's surprisingly in great
shape for sitting under a tarp for 6 years.  I am looking for seat
rails, upper and lower.  I have looked online at some sites friends gave
me.  All I see are lower guides.  Can anyone tell me where I can get
both upper and lower or what might be a suitable replace part?

Also, can anyone tell me what I might want to look at, that may have
gone  bad after sitting outside under a tarp for so  long?  It does turn
over.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Mike Dionne
Technology Director