[Spridgets] HIF6 carbs

cclabaw at juno.com cclabaw at juno.com
Tue Nov 11 12:06:26 MST 2008

Michael -

I have an SU on my '71 Super Glide (74 ci) and have found it superior to
others available for this application.  That being said, the carb is
re-purposed for MC use by Rivera Engineering.  They have attachments for
push-pull throttle cables as used on later HDs and are run without damping
oil.  They can be set-up for pull-only operation (I did this for my bike)
without too much trouble.

Their web site is at <www.riveraengineering.com>

Clay L.
'67 Sprite

-- Michael Rowe <mdrowe at optonline.net> wrote:
I am planning to build an engine this winter and would like to put an HIF6
carb on it.  It turns out that Harley Davidson choppers use SU carbs in
various models, including what looks like HIF6.  There are a lot of them for
sale on Ebay at good prices, all tricked out with chromed everything for your
crowd-pleasing chopper.

I have yet to find any really good information on the sizes and fit of these
carbs.  One guy said he put them on his Datsun 240Z with much improvement.
Does anyone know anything about the suitability of Harley SU carbs for
A-series engines?

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY