[Spridgets] Holy Sprite, project complete

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Nov 10 19:31:47 MST 2008

Jim, still in Toms River and I finished up some minor bits on the Holy
Sprite today.
It now has antifreeze since we have no coolant leaks and it has a
working heater, working, parking wipers,
And a half ass working signal indicator. I will be asking "HOW"  in
another email.
The speedometer cable frayed apart at the 5 mile mark so now it has a
used cable.
The repro headlamp rims have been pulled from the trash can by Jim but I
did find some decent used ones in my stash.
And once again, the repro rubber bits, if they fit, are crap. Bonnet
seal will never fit as it is 3/16" wider than the original.
We even toasted it in the oven and pulled it to about 8' long, it don't fit.
Windshield gasket came with some weird lock channel that falls out, so
if we shave the 3/16" off the bonnet seal, we could use that for the
windshield lock rubber.
Others were here, they saw all of this. And those firewall grommets,
well we have 2 bags that don't fit anything. Good thing I saved the 50
year old ones, they are in the car, fit, look good, and will not rot in
30 days.
Air filters and head lamp rims are all that's left. Jim and I were out
tooling around in it this afternoon.
I want to run it down the parkway at 70 mph to check out the carbs
before the filter go on just in case they need a tweak but Dave Woerpel
tweaked them pretty good with a rubber hose.
Others have posted what a great time we all had. All I can say is we did
have one hell of a time.
Good friends, good food (thanks Greg), lots of beer, and a great time
was had by all.
I'm sure Father Jack will write up something for me to post to all. He
is one happy Priest.
And the car looks great!

--
Frank Clarici