[Spridgets] Micro-car Show + Lane Motor Museum

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 06:19:14 MST 2008

Wow - Lots of cool stuff, but didn't see any Spridgets...  I've seen most of
them in photos if not in person, but was unfamiliar with and particulkarly
taken by the little yellow 4WD vehicle.  One of the shots got me a name -
"Ranger".  I did a quick Google search on "Ranger Microcar" and came up with a
YouTube clip of Jeff Lane driving a green one.  Turns out they are based on
Fiat 500 mechanicals.  That got me thinking - Hmmm, does the list know about
Jeff?

If any of you are ever anywhere near Nashville, TN you MUST drop in on Jeff at
his "Lane Motor Museum".  I met Jeff a few times when I lived in Nashville
(and acquired him one of his displays, but that's another story).  He's an
extremely nice guy.  For years he personally collected little odd cars that
would appeal to many if not all of us.  After a certain point, he had more
than he could care for personally, and they filled multiple buildings, so he
decided to buy the old Sunbeam Bread Bakery building on Murfreesboro Rd and
turn it into a museum.  His museum is (naturally enough) dedicated to obscure
mostly European cars - many of which are microcars.  It is an
absolute must-see.  Plan to take a few hours to wander through the entire
collection.  Check it out beforehand at the official
site: lanemotormuseum.org/

 - David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island