[Spridgets] Holy Sprite Musings Part 1 of 2

dwoerpel at wi.net dwoerpel at wi.net
Mon Nov 10 06:06:21 MST 2008

I tried to send this last night but had a bad connection (read,'none').
This past weekend was just awesome and so were the our new friends!  If
you are ever in Wisconsin please let us know.  Thanks friends.

Here's part 1 of Holy Sprite Musings:

Sometimes some things dont work out the way we want.  Sometimes we
squabble.   Sometimes we complain.  But some of the time things actually
turn out pretty well.    A precious few of those times everything comes
together and one experiences a Golden Moment.   This weekend past 11-15
(depending on which day) Spridgeteers were part of a Golden Moment.

There were many that came before; those who donated the tub, parts, $$$,
advice, relayed the tub from California to New Jersey, dismembered and
repaired the tub, painted and started reassembly, and those of whom I may
not be aware.  All are responsible for an event I shall never forget.
Terri and I are proud and blessed to have you folks as family.

We arrived in Toms River early Friday evening, after sightseeing our way
from Burlington WI, to find work was underway by those who had arrived
earlier.  The goal was to have Father Jack driving the Sprite by Sunday
and to that end work continued stopping, reluctantly, for required sleep.
Saturday some of us got to see how to put in the windshield (an experience
Ill never forget!)  That night we were told to stop and go to bed as we
were going to leave for church at 7:30 am so we could surprise Father Jack
who was presiding.  Surprise him we did!  The look on his face as 11 of us
paraded in wearing our 0:{), Holy Sprite, tee-shirts was priceless.  He
acknowledged our group and we even received an ovation!  end part 1