[Spridgets] Weekend activities and LBC Pooch content

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 19:13:17 MST 2008

--- On Sat, 11/8/08, Lester <oldsaabguy at comcast.net> wrote:
> hmm.. and I have had a nice hood up weekend sorting out
> charging
> problems..   but they are much better now1

I spent my day at the commissioning of the USS Freedom LCS class ship (www.ussfreedom.org). The hosts, who shall remain nameless (US Navy) had 12 school buses to shuttle 8,000 people from Miller Park to Lake Michigan. So because of the wait for shuttles we ended up spending a grand total of about 4 hours in 35 degree weather with 20 mph winds and spitting snow, but it was really pretty good. Thanks to my buddy Jeff Porasik, afterward we went to a really nice VIP lunch (with open bar!) at the Milwaukee Art Museaum overlooking the lake. It was 5 car guys, including Don "Professor Whoopie" Shelton of the Carrera Panamericana Studebaker fame (now 2010 race due to shifting priority to his restoration of a 1934 Studebaker), Rich Winder of the Team Thicko Homo Club Posse, and Ted Bidwell, one of the best Corvette restorers around. You could spend a Saturday morning with worse people.

We also found the right adoption/rescue Lab last night - a 2 year old male with some health issues that we think we can help with. He's already named, but it's a good LBC name - Colby, as in Speedwell. He chose US, literally, and did a few positive things his foster family had never seen in the 13 months they've had him. He'll be home with us Friday. Our current pooch, Simba the Wonderdog, is already resting up for some added insanity. All in all a good few days.

Ron