[Spridgets] hit a new low = politics now religion - Cya

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Fri Nov 7 08:57:23 MST 2008

> Consider going on the digest if you can't take the barrage any more.

Isn't that the reason that MJB offers the Spridgets-Mod? or does that option
still exist with the current list server software? I wouldn't know. No one
is required to agree with anyone else's opinions. Heck, I don't agree with
all of the Spridget advice doled out on this List, either.

I have not seen any "religious views" promoted on this List. Sure, I quoted
Deuteronomy 25 and Billy referred to Acts 9, but neither one was promoting
any religious view. In fact, any fundamentalist would have taken us to task
for dealing flippantly with the holy scriptures.

All of the political views have been fairly easy to detect and/or delete
without exposing oneself to possible contamination.

Remember that, like a credit union, we have a common characteristic
(Spridgets) that unites us. We also have many differences. I was going to
say that we are all friends, but it is more like we are all family. There
are people in my family that I would just as soon not hear from, too. I sure
don't care to listen to them discussing politics ;-) If only they would send
them to me as carefully labelled emails so I could simply delete them...

Please bear in mind that, since our Spridgets run so well and require so
little done to them, we have to fill in the gaps with something else so we
can tell that the List is still functional. We used to have a "Cap'n Bob"
module that used artificial intelligence to generate spurious messages so we
could tell that we had not been mysteriously unsubscribed. Unfortunately, it
worked so well that people thought it was a real person and started putting
up filters to automatically delete these messages, so it was discontinued.
The concept is being tried again with messages sent by an AI module that
calls itself "ED" (after all, would a real human name themselves for a
medical condition like that?). Once again, the filters are defeating the
purpose, so I guess "ED" will be disappearing soon, too. I wonder what will
be next.
David Lieb