[Spridgets] 5spd

David Ramsey dwramsey at att.net
Wed Nov 5 12:18:44 MST 2008

David, your yellow car has a Datsun clutch with a Rivergate kit. I was never
able to get the Rivergate clutch disc to work with the 1098 pressure plate
and ended up installing the Datsun 210 clutch. In your case I had the
flywheel lightened and the clutch mounted and then the whole unit balanced.
On the 948/1098 flywheel the surface doesn't need to be machined except to
clean it up. I believe the 1275 flywheel is different.
		Crash

> There's no real machining to speak of, you have to CENTER the Datsun
> clutch plate and redrill and tap the holes for the clutch cover bolts and
> locator pins.  Done.
> Paul did the one for my Sprite and I'm doing the one I've got for the
> Morris.

Nope. Wrong again ;-)
This is a Rivergate kit. It uses the stock Spridget clutch pressure plate
(with a custom clutch disk). The difference is probably the seal kit for the

rear main bearing which is incorporated into the adapter plate. Might want
to call Bill Perry at Rivergate and ask.
David Lieb