[Spridgets] Generator bearing

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu May 29 19:17:16 MDT 2008

Old style (1958) tach drive generator. My one I assembled during the
restoration last year had it's armature lathed down enough where it
wiped out the new bronze bushing in the tail shaft and them proceeded to
wipe out the front bearing.
So not wanting a .69 cent made in china bearing, I sourced a couple at
my local bearing supply, made in Europe and more than .69 cents but
still cheap at $5 each. So my problem is, does that bearing retainer
plate have the concave facing the armature or does the concave face the
bearing?
Yes it fits both ways.
This is the riveted bearing retainer, it has a concave side, which way
does it go?
BTW, I picked up an NOS armature at one of the swap meets so the tail
shaft fits the new bronze bushing as it should.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ