[Spridgets] Dipstick tube

John Caffrey jdc6 at Lehigh.EDU
Wed May 28 10:41:25 MDT 2008

   1275  dipstick  tubes  sometimes break off in the block, so maybe only
   the  top  portion is coming out with the dipstick? A new tube will fit
   snugly in the block hole.
   John
   Fogelsville, PA
   chuck wrote:

My 1275 has a dipstick tube that lately wants to cling to the
dipstick when I remove it. I can't see anything that wants to
retain it in the block. Is something missing??

chuck

Mike/Donna Carpenter wrote:

I have a 948 that has the dipstick without tube as stock.  Doesn't seem to have
 any leaks.

I have 1275s also and the tube is simply a press in piece.

Hope this helps,