[Spridgets] top down, comfort up

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Tue May 27 14:12:48 MDT 2008

Today I drove to work with the side curtains on and the wind blocker mounted
in the rollbar.  WOW!  Almost no cockpit wind, much quieter.  I think this is
how I'll be driving to Missouri.  As I got close to home at lunch, I thought
"maybe....?" and turned on the radio.  I could actually hear it and tell what
song was playing.  The side curtains alone weren't much difference, and the
wind-blocker wasn't the total answer, but the combo is NICE!

This weekend I mapped out my route and determined daily mileage amounts and
possible stopovers, fixed the windshield wipers, rebuilt the weepy heater
valve ($0.59 #5 O-ring from ACE) and replaced the missing felt in the driver's
sidecurtain.  I've just about run out of things to do and still have weeks to
go.  Aarrggh!

Glen Byrns