[Spridgets] The seemingly endless Exxon Valdez Saga...

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sat May 24 17:28:53 MDT 2008

For those who aren't already slightly ill from following my aimless
ramblings over my crankcase pressure problem, here are some pictures that
may help.  I was able to identify the carb as an FZX1435 which is a variety
of HIF44 per the MiniMania website. The pictures (below link) show
everything set up the way it was when I got the car. In this configuration,
there is too much crankcase pressure and thus the Exxon Valdez impersonation
to the tune of about 1 quart every 30 miles or so at high rpm. My question
is concerning the crankcase vacuum port on the carb. I want to try to
connect the hose from the cannister on the timing cover to the crankcase
vacuum port, but cannot identify it. I believe the port on top of the carb
manifold flange (yellowish cap on it) may be my answer. Any one care to
opine??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13600244@N07/
-
Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!

For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>