[Spridgets] Vancouver ABFM and a Refelction

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Sun May 18 21:23:47 MDT 2008

Hello Sprite,

  Hello Spridgets,

  A quick report on the Vancouver BC ABFM..... in a word MAGNIFICENT!

  the weather finally turned in the Pacific Northwest. We went from
  highs in 50s to lows in the 60s in about two days time, with the
  change starting in time for a perfect drive up I-5 from near the
  Oregon border to Vancouver. This is the first year that I NEVER had
  to put the top up, let alone getting DRENCHED at some point during
  the trip. The skies were blue, the flowers in bloom and the heat was
  on for an absolutely perfect day on Saturday. It showed in the
  turnout both of participants and spectators. I caught up with old
  friends, and met new ones. The trip itself was also as good as it
  gets, with a final mileage figure of over 500 miles at over 38.8
  miles per gallon...  this is with a 5 1098, 5 speed, and 3.9 final
  drive, driving at a near steady 60 mph--- a shakedown for the LoTO
  trip. maybe i'll do a tune up before then... fewer than 35 days till
  the beginning of THAT adventure!...

  YEEHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

  What a treat to have chosen a collector car that is affordable to
  DRIVE! i don't know what the hot rodders with 500+ horsepower and 10
  to mpg do!? sit and look at their cars instead of driving them to
  their shows perhaps.....

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

  Alzheimers advantage: New friends every day