[Spridgets] Tie Rod End removal?

William M. Gilroy wmgilroy at gmail.com
Sun May 11 20:06:37 MDT 2008

   Get  a  good pickle fork.  The one I got must have been made from dung
   forged steel as it bent apart in a matter of minutes.  A BFH fixed the
   problem.
   Gilroy
   rrengineer at dslextreme.com wrote:

I never use a hammer on anything in the front suspension.  Why not try
using the correct tool for removal, such as a ball joint splitting tool:
     http://tinyurl.com/4bdpyz
Not cheap like a hammer, but you'll use it many times without tearing up
the rubber boot on the tie rod end like a pickle fork does.  Who doesn't
like buying new tools?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

Michael Rowe

Use care.  We struggled a long time and ruined some threads trying to get
new tie rod back in before discovering that the hole in the steering arm
was
bent out of round by this technique.

Michael Rowe
'74 Surprise