[Spridgets] Tennessee Shyster--No LBC

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sat May 10 19:47:14 MDT 2008

Thank you, David. It is stories like these that help me remember why I
prefer to work on my cars myself. Just replaced the EGR valve on my GTi.
What a pain! Had to pull the front bumper off and unbolt the cross-beam
behind it just to get at the bolt that holds it in place. Since there are
multiple possible causes for the infamous P0411 code on this car, I couldn't
even order the parts until I had pulled it out. Sure is nice to be rid of
the CEL, however. Even nicer to know that the part really was bad (diaphragm
shot) and that someone wasn't just shooting in the dark.
David Lieb