[Spridgets] What tires do I want?

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat May 10 19:46:49 MDT 2008

I am currently running 195/60 x 13s on my 59, they are just too wide,
and are 5 years old now so before I drive out to Missouri, I want new
sneakers on the Sprite.
What do you guys recommend for *spirited* driving habits?
I am not worried about tread wear as I will replace them again in 5 or 6
years way before they wear out. I have learned that tires over 5 years
old just don't cut it like they used to.
I replaced the 4 year old tires on my wife's Jag, 18000 miles on them
and they looked almost new but they aged out.
I think I want a 175/70 like all the rest of my Sprites, I have
sumitomos or whatever jap tires on 1 of them, I forget what's on the 58,
but those cars are put put cars, I want a nice stickem to the road, go
around a corner at 90 mph type of tire ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ