[Spridgets] Austin Champ mine

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Fri May 9 14:59:00 MDT 2008

Geez, Peter!  When I lived in England in the latter half of the 60s my best
British friend was a sheep farmer and he had one of these things all cut
down which he used as a tractor type thing around the farm!  Just seeing it
again brings back fond memories of laying in the mud at 34F with my arm up
to my shoulder inside some stubborn ewe trying to turn the lamb around for
birthing. It would almost be worth $1500 to buy it and push it off a
cliff.....    ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Peter C <peter at nosimport.com> wrote:

> Well, I shoveled out the barn last weekend in anticipation of pouring
> a concrete floor this weekend.
>
> Amongst my Land Rovers, Morris Minors, and Austin Healeys is a fine
> example of a 1952 Austin Champ.
>
> Google it.
>
> Anyway, it's fugly, and should go to a good home. It is now sitting
> outside and getting wet. But that's OK, it's submersible;-)
>
> It is very, very rusty, but might appeal to British military
> collectors, or Austin collectors, or whackos, like me.
>
> My life would be a little simpler if I don't have to house it. I
> don't need to sell it, but someone may love it more than I.
>
> If you are interested, email me off-list. I should think somewhere in
> the $1500 range would be fair. Maybe not... try me.
>
> Located a Champ's throw north of Madison Westconsin.
>
> Peter C.

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!

For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>