[Spridgets] It's always something

Marc smarc at smarc.net
Thu May 8 09:00:49 MDT 2008

Well..... Since the heater box is out, the wiring harness is going to be
out, and the engine is going to be out shortly, I'm stumbling down that
road... thinking , "well, the engine bay is looking pretty ratty...."
Wonder how bad I could screw up painting it myself..."

As usual, I have more questions then answers... Looking to make up the
shortfall here! :-D

I expect clean up of the area to involve scrubbing, engine cleaner,
degreaser, possibly pressure washer, scraping, sanding, swearing and
bleeding...

So, how DO you match up paint colors? I want the engine bay the same
color as the car.

Are the inexpensive paint guns at horrible freight up to the task of
spraying the engine bay? This is by no means a show car, just a
driver... I'm planning on using the rattle cans of green paint for the
motor. Is there an appropriate shade of green in the off-the-shelf
engine paint, or is the Moss product the best way to go?

Marc