[Spridgets] Modern radio installation revised

ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net
Sun May 4 18:03:46 MDT 2008

So I figured out how to really sneekely get a radio in the midget (i think someone here gave me the idea)  I mounted a new stereo from the bottom of the glovebox after making a new bottom for the glove box out of 3/8 luan that i cut to size.  The only protriusion into the glove box is the 5 bolts coming up from the harness.  I then put in new speakers.  The best part is that NOBODY can see the installation unless they are standing on their head in the passenger seat.  And best of all there is a small remote that controls everything and it fits into the ashtray. SWEEET!  all you can see is the stock 1974 AM radio.

My only issue is with the wiring of the continuos 12v feed.  Since the car never had one is there another wire that i can tap into other than running straight from the battery with a 2 amp in line fuse?
as it stands right now i cant store any presets or balance settings because everytime i turn off the car I lose it all.  But still not bad for an afternoons worth of fabrication and installation.

thanks
ryan